Mr Zenzele Myeza holds a BCom Accounting with Distinctions in Commercial Law, Taxation and Statistics obtained at UniZul. He completed his MBA in 1993 at UDW now UKZN, and also obtained a Certificate in Aviation Management in 1994 at IAMTI (Canada). He obtained a Certificate in Corporate Governance at UJ passed with Distinction in 2002. He holds a Certificate in Retail Management from UP, a Property Development Programme certificate from UCT Graduate School of Business and various property related qualifications and is a Certified Real Estate Practitioner.
He has proven extensive managerial experience (>25 years) at senior and executive management (Board) level in substantial organizations in both Public and Private Sectors, leading senior and executive management teams and having well-honed ability to straddle both strategic, technical and operational issues. Most of these years were in engineering or technological oriented industries e.g. aviation; infrastructure engineering projects; nuclear industry (R & D and innovation); fluoro-chemicals and similar; and also experienced in economic development; retail management; property development, sales and management; lottery & gaming solutions and ICT industries.
Most of these management years he was in charge mainly of the full organisation’s financial management; investment management; auditing; risk management; information technology; business development; operations; marketing management; property management & development; facilities management; project management and human resources functions amongst others.
He was intimately involved with these companies’ transformation/turn around strategies, strategy planning and implementation. His experience includes, inter-alia, structuring development finance, area development and regeneration, deal making, initiating and implementing mega infrastructure and economic development type projects and good corporate governance.
Mr Zenzele Myeza has served in the following Boards of Directors/Committees:
He has held the following executive leadership positions in his career:
- Non-Executive Director: Air Traffic Navigation Services (ATNS), April 2018 to current.ATNS Board Committee: Business Research, Operations & Development (Chairperson).
- Non-Executive Director: NHBRC
- Director: Chas Everitt International Property Group, 2008 to current.
- Member of the Audit & Risk Committee: Pelchem (NECSA subsidiary), 2014 to 2017.
- Chairperson of the Audit Committee: Dipaleseng Municipality in Balfour, 2014 to 2015.
- Chairperson of the Audit Committee: Education Labour Relations Council (ELRC), 2009 to 2012 (2007 to 2008 Audit Committee Member).
- Director: Newtown Development Company Pty Ltd, 2002 to 2006.
- Director: Constitution Hill development Company Pty Ltd, 2002 to 2006.
- Group Executive: Finance & Business Development: Nuclear Energy Corporation of SA (NECSA GROUP)
- Independent Management Consultant: Self employed
- CFO and Acting Deputy City Manager: Corporate and Strategic Services: City of Ekurhuleni Metro Council
- Managing Director: Chas Everitt International Property Group (Midrand)
- Chief Executive Officer & Board Member: South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA)
- Executive Director: Finance & Support Services (2IC to the CEO): Johannesburg Development Agency (Pty) Ltd (JDA)
- Group Finance Manager – South Africa (SA Finance director equivalent): GTECH South Africa (Pty) Ltd (Subsidiary of GTECH Corporate Holdings listed in the New York Stock Exchange)
- Financial Manager (+Retail & Commercial): Airports Company SA Limited (ACSA)
As of 1 February 2019, Mr Zenzele Myeza commenced his duties as Chief Executive Officer at the AgriSETA.